Accounting Principles, 7th ed., Hermanson,
Edwards and Maher (Required)
Working Papers, Vol. II (Required)
Study Guide, Vol. II (Required)
Computerized Tutorial (Optional but free!)
|This is the second course ever taught at Loyola College (started
Spring 1999) using
virtual lectures. What is meant by a virtual lecture along with the rationale for
using the approach is fully explained here.
|The course focuses on the concepts of managerial accounting including such topics as job order cost systems, standard costs and budgeting. Additionally, the course covers an introduction to the cash flow statement, financial statement analysis and income tax. The course concentrates on the application of accounting theory, standards, principles, and procedures to accounting problems. It is designed both as an introduction to managerial accounting which may be followed by more in-depth study in subsequent accounting courses and as the second semester of a two-semester survey course in basic accounting for those who do not intend to continue their accounting education.|
|1. To conclude the introduction of various financial
accounting topics covered in the course.
2. To introduce students to various managerial accounting topics.
3. To introduce students to computing and accounting for federal income taxes.
4. To teach students to apply accounting theory, standards, principles and procedures to practical accounting problems in the elementary topical areas covered in the course. 5. To teach students the fundamental rationale for the various financial and managerial accounting procedures and techniques in the course.
6. To reinforce the use of the personal computer as a basic accounting tool.
7. To introduce students to the accounting environment through the use of the text, multimedia presentations and the Internet.
8. To require students to more fully develop their critical thinking skills.
9. To make learning accounting both interesting and fun. :-)
American Institute of CPAs
Maryland Association of CPAs
Rutgers Accounting Web (RAW)
Home Page for AC102@Listserv.Loyola.Edu List/Forum
Archives for AC102@Listserv.Loyola.Edu List/Forum
List of Supplemental Accounting Videos Available in Library
What-if Excel Spreadsheet (Calculate course grade)
Beta Alpha Psi Tutoring
Download Hermanson Tutorial Software
OTHER LINKS OF POSSIBLE INTEREST:
SunSpot - Maryland's Online Community
Baltimore Collegetown Network
College News Online